A new kind of studio, pocket.watch is fresh, fast and exuberant â€” combining the vitality of todayâ€™s digital grassroots with the enduring power of classic, epic storytelling. Itâ€™s for small-screen video and big-screen blockbusters, apps, toys, and everything else kids love. A daring outlet for creators and visionaries, pocket.watch strives to surprise and delight kids by unlocking the infinite possibilities of their digital worlds. Founded in 2017 and based in Culver City, the pocket.watch team features studio veterans and visionaries from traditional and digital entertainment. Investors include Viacom, Greycroft and United Talent Agency (UTA), as well as notable individuals including Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Landau (Producer, Avatar and Titanic).
Pocket watch is currently seeking a superior self-starter who gets their hands dirty to work with our head of sales to generate revenue with key brand partners. The ideal candidate is a master communicator and extremely organized, ensuring that everyone, internally and externally, is on the same page, understands both YouTube creators and content as well as the YouTube media buying space, and has experience working with legal, talent, and production to ensure timely and accurate deliverables from start to finish. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a trailblazing entertainment company and work with top industry executives, and is the perfect position for a strategic thinker with initiative, drive, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Under the direction of the VP of Sales, respond to all incoming inquiries from brands and advertisers. Work to discern between viable opportunities and spam.
- Work closely with creative team to design and update pitch materials and one-sheets on creators, media offerings, and pocket.watch in general.
- Develop and maintain target prospect list and identify key sales opportunities.
- Develop proposals to RFPs and RFIs effectively and efficiently.
- Work to develop multi-tier programs that include branded content, media, and sponsorships.
- Work closely with legal to draft agreements and work with clients to revise and redline. Must have a strong understanding of deal points, talent protections, and general best practices for branded content and media.
- Work with Head of Partnerships in presenting brand integrations / sponsorships and licensing opportunities to creator partners for approval.
- Work through budget, talent fees, and additional production considerations to model and ensure profit margin for all deals.
- Act as a trusted and reliable partner to clients throughout deal process and off-cycle to build relationships and ensure renewed business.
- Attend relevant trade shows and conferences presenting opportunities on behalf of pocket.watch, its brands and its creator partners (as needed)
- Build relationships with and maintain regular contact with agencies (Advertising, Marketing & PR) ensuring pocket.watch and its creator partners are top of mind for brand campaigns, brand opportunities, and new business.
- Work diligently to follow-up with teams internally and externally to keep projects moving forward and be able to provide frequent updates on the status of all deals to leadership.
- Work closely with Director of Branded Content to ensure program scheduling, available inventory, and video timelines.
- Regular budgeting in coordination with Director Sales Operations and Development revise all sales projections across lines of business which are direct responsibility including branded integrations / sponsorships, licensing and merchandising
- Sell sell sellâ€¦..generating revenue across all lines of business with focus on; branded integrations, sponsorships, marketing partnerships, licensing and retail
- Other duties as assigned.