We are seeking a proven, self-motivated, hungry to exceed goals, cause-driven professional to join our team. Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, this position ensures the successful operation of membership operations through sales, marketing, and retention.
The Vice President of Membership will be responsible for delivering a sales strategy and member services to include organization-wide best practices, training, and consistencies throughout all branches. We are seeking a dynamic leader with proven related experience in generation of new sales opportunities, growing membership units, and increasing revenue that produces positive net gains. In addition, this position will provide direct supervision to customer support center and marketing teams driving superior results. This position ensures that our branch membership teams are operating efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for overall growth, satisfaction, and financial management.
1) The incumbent will lead all aspects of driving qualified prospects through the doors and closing the sale using various sales methods, such referrals, inside sales and phone techniques, following up on digital marketing leads, identifying marketplace opportunities, and engaging new business partnerships
2) Develop, meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly, and annual membership sales goals, along with retention goals
3) Responsible for strong fiscal management including trends showing growth with comparable membership sales revenue
4) Develops, coordinates, and executes an onboarding and training process for all new and current employees
5) Develop and implement sales programs that are innovative and effective at generating leads, creating great member satisfaction and outperforming goals
6) Develop innovative and effective sales promotions and contests that keep the teams energized and build healthy competition
7) Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures and make sure they are being uniformly enforced company-wide
8) Provides association level leadership to all processes related to membership operations using a lens of member ease and staff implementation
9) Develops and implements strategies to drive additional revenue that include but not limited to: additional point of sale transactions, personal training, and specialty programs
10) Provides direct supervision to the customer support call center, membership billing, and marketing department
11) Serves a member of the senior leadership team; leads membership cabinet; and works with wellness cabinet leadership
12) Creates strategies, performance metrics, and dashboards to ensure that branches are hitting membership metrics
13) Works in partnership with branch executives and directly with membership directors; participating in daily, weekly, and/or monthly production calls with branch staff
14) Provides leadership to corporate membership sales
15) Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; sales, business administration, marketing, communications, wellness or related field of study preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in sales required; with a proven track record of initiative, creativity and motivation to surpass challenging performance goals
- Previous for-profit related fitness industry sales management experience preferred. Staff Supervision experience required
- Demonstrated track record of generating prospect leads and closing sales required. Microsoft Office proficiency required; Salesforce CRM experience a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal, public relations, communication and influencing skills. Ability to make oral presentations, build rapport and credibility quickly
- Ability to deal with pressure in meeting sales goals. Ability to work a variety of hours to support business needs
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Y’s efforts for all stakeholders.
Collaboration: Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves staff at all levels in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Behavioral Characteristics: Welcoming, Nurturing, Determined, Hopeful, and Genuine.
Last Modified on: