This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Marketing & Communications Director at the Fulton County YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined and also builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact through development and implementation of effective marketing and communications strategies.
1) Develops annual operating goals, objectives and plan for the marketing and communications area. Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met.
2) Develops, produces and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans.
3) Establishes contacts with media representatives and writes and submits press releases when appropriate. Maintains updated files of YMCA’s media relations (both press and electronic).
4) Develops, monitors and administers assigned annual budget and maintains a positive fiscal position.
5) Identifies and builds relationshipswith internal and/or external partners or key stakeholders, such as service groups, community organizations or companies, to support programs or projects.
6) Makes presentations about the YMCA.
7) Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises membership staff and volunteers. Provides development
8) Oversees all Membership administrative duties.
9) Provides and maintains related statistics and reports.
10) Educates staff, volunteers, and members about the charitable nature of the Y; leads assigned aspects of the fundraising campaign.
11) May plan and coordinate special events.
12) All other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadersip Competencies:
- Communication & Influence
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Previous professional experience in membership, marketing and/or sales preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Must have strong interpersonal, public relations and communications skills, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
Last Modified on: