The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Specialist, Direct Marketing for the Mail and Telemarketing department. This position is responsible for the coordination of direct marketing copy and artwork reviews to include, trafficking of copy and artwork, overall program support and interaction with external agency partners and internal stakeholders, all of which provides support in raising critical revenue for the organization.
This position will be responsible for:
- Trafficking copy and artwork for several direct marketing programs through pre-determined internal review channels and ensuring all edits and comments are communicated to external agency partner;
- Reviewing multiple draft stages as needed before final product is approved to ensure all necessary changes have been made and all content, imagery, and artwork adheres to organizational guidelines and brand standards;
- Reviewing and approving print proofs and laser-sets for direct mail campaigns;
- Working with internal departments to secure content and imagery for mailings;
- Verifying accuracy of all stories used in fundraising copy;
- Reviewing estimated and final costs for direct mail campaigns, working with Production team and other senior Direct Marketing staff, to ensure costs are in-line with budget;
- Approving/disapproving list clearance requests submitted by external list manager;
- Providing overall program coordination;
- Providing assistance on digital campaigns managed by the direct marketing team;
- Assisting with general departmental administrative duties, including but not limited to invoice reviews, updating reports, and attending weekly agency production calls.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, the liberal arts, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience required, with experience in the non-profit fundraising or marketing fields preferred;
- Experience proofreading preferred;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects with frequent deadlines and often changing priorities;
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and keen attention to detail;
- Must have strong project management and time management skills;
- Strong work ethic that demonstrates initiative, a focus on quality, good judgment and good use of time;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and Internet use;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
Last Modified on: