The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking an Email Marketing Development Specialist for the Digital Marketing department. The main responsibility of this position is setting up?the backend of?email marketing campaigns?and action alerts?that meet the organization’s?fundraising and advocacy goals and supporting the day to day operations of the team.?
This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting in developing,?implementing, and?disseminating?digital content related to email marketing?by building?email?templates, performing audience?selects, and?setting up?email campaigns in?our CRM;
- Acting as the technical and primary lead in producing all aspects of action alerts including audience selection, targeting, suppressions and reporting to ensure a seamless constituent and lawmaker experience;
- Analyzing individual and overall email campaign and action alert performance; providing reports and recommendations;
- Troubleshooting and making updates to email templates and action alerts;
- Performing tests as related to email and action alerts and making recommendations based on resulting data and analysis;
- Staying abreast of latest trends in email development and non-profit technology;
- Providing cross-checking and quality control for team members’ content as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of two years of experience in digital content development, production, or web development required, preferably for an advocacy or other nonprofit organization;
- Demonstrated experience with Convio/Luminate Online is highly desired;
-Experience with HTML, CSS, web development, email, website, conditional content and other constituent management systems strongly preferred;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are necessary;
- Must be organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems strategically;
- Ability to manage projects and work well in a team;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues desired.
Last Modified on: