Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Partnership Marketing (full-time, salaried, regular) will develop, plan, and execute the platform and B2B partnership marketing strategies for MotorTrend’s streaming video service and digital businesses. The candidate must be passionate about mobile marketing and the publishing ecosystem and growing business through platform and partnership strategies and optimization. The Manager, Partnership Marketing will be a highly collaborative, global-minded, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
As Manager, Partnership Marketing, the ideal candidate has the ability to tune into the market landscape, process consumer insights, identify data-driven trends to inform marketing strategy and execution for partnership programs, then effectively work with external stakeholders and cross-functional teams to implement and drive results. The Manager, Partnership Marketing will work closely with the Product Development Team, Mobile Platform Distribution Partners, High-Profile External Business Partners, Key Partners within MotorTrend and Discovery, Inc., colleagues on the Marketing Team, Global Partners, and Executive Stakeholders to define, launch, test, measure, and optimize all marketing efforts for partnership programs.
The Manager, Partnership Marketing is expected to possess a wide set of skills including extensive experience working with platform partners (mobile, connected devices, etc.), partner campaign strategy and execution, consumer journey, creative direction, rigorous analysis, identification of opportunities for optimization, application and management of optimizations, frequent and excellent communication, collaboration with others throughout the organization, and ongoing self-education, all accomplished with a highly productive work ethic, supporting demeanor, and the highest levels of professionalism.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the VP, Digital Distribution & Partnerships in the planning and execution of marketing plans for campaigns, strategic partnership programs and promotions focused on acquiring subscribers for the MotorTrend streaming service as well as other MotorTrend Group business initiatives.
- Educate, excite and drive interest for marketing campaigns and initiatives with key partners through compelling presentations and pitches to secure customized partnership promotional opportunities that drive conversions.
- Cultivate strong relationships with and act as marketing point of contact for platform partners (Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, etc.) to build early and sustained excitement for content launches and marketing campaigns to develop volume-driving promotional reach with meaningful programs and placements.
- Work with Product Team and overall Marketing group in the creation and optimization of new conversion funnels, landing pages, and consumer marketing-related products to help grow subscriber base.
- Own the management and execution of assigned partner campaigns and programs in conjunction with PR, Integrated Marketing, Social Media and cross-functional teams including planning, developing decks and briefs, managing creative development and delivery, tracking, reporting, and analysis.
- Partner with creative teams and agencies as needed to produce best-in-class marketing materials and advertising creative for partner programs which may include marketing plans and presentations, trailers and video assets, digital and social ads, content marketing pieces, linear spots, event activations, and print ads.
- Analyze performance of partnership strategies and make data-driven optimizations to maximize results of programs.
- Provide partnership marketing guidance rooted in consumer and competitive insights to inform content and the product development process.
- Travel to attend and/or pitch at partner presentations and meetings and build relationships with key partners and contacts
- This position will not include supervising employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area – marketing, communications, business
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of digital marketing, partnership marketing, mobile marketing, and/or SVOD marketing experience preferably including brand management, product marketing, and acquisition experience.
- Experience marketing mobile titles and subscription services, preferably in entertainment.
- Experience working with platform partners (Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku) including established contacts and relationships.
- Experience working with established brands, ideally in entertainment and/or automotive.
- Significant experience, proficiency in, and passion for digital media, social media, mobile apps, and connected devices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Possess strong people skills: this includes positive leadership abilities, collaboration, patience and tact
- Personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary with a proactive attitude, and ability to effectively work independently and remotely as well as in a team environment.
- Solid understanding of customer path to purchase, and direct marketing KPIs, such as CPI, CPA and LTV
- Ability to implement strategic partnership marketing as well as daily marketing execution and optimization
- Passionate about mobile gaming, apps and the mobile industry, specifically entertainment, automotive or sports
- Extensive experience with iOS and Android app partnership marketing
- Significant experience, proficiency in, and passion for digital media, social media, mobile apps, and connected devices
- Proven track record in creating and delivering successful and results-driven partnership marketing campaigns (most immediately but not limited to store merchandising and featuring on partner platforms, digital marketing channels, e.g., mobile on-device advertising, special offers and promotions, SEM, social media, email campaigns)
- Ability to effectively communicate and “sell” strategies to high-priority partners
- Highly detailed and organized
- Excellent communications (oral and written) skills
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical aptitude and quick learning ability
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Developers Console and Apple App Store Connect
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.