Location – Remote – USA (located near a major airport)
Under the supervision of the National Vice President, Corporate and Cause Partnerships (NVPCCP), and in strong collaboration with the Senior Vice President, Corporate, Cause Marketing & Special Events (SVPCCE), the National Director, Cause Marketing is primarily responsible for leading and supporting activities for BGCA's award-winning national cause marketing activities including building and developing the signature Back2School time period, other signature moments, and supporting and consulting on the strategic execution of other BGCA and partner-driven cause marketing initiatives. The National Director, Cause Marketing provides leadership, expertise, and guidance to all members of the Corporate & Cause Partnerships and Resource Development teams from a strategy, development, and revenue standpoint. Position will grow to include building and leading the organization’s capabilities of cause marketing at the local level. This position is part of the Resource Development Extended Leadership Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and manage the day-to-day processes related to the strategic development, design, execution, and evaluation of BGCA's signature cause related marketing platform, Back2School, as well as other cause related marketing efforts (ex. Graduation, Holiday) working collaboratively with other stakeholders.
• Directly, and indirectly through other team members, secure revenue, and media in support of the cause marketing efforts and other platforms as directed.
• Lead and manage agency relationship(s) and outside consultant(s) that support BGCA’s sales and cause marketing efforts ensuring high quality cause marketing strategy, execution, and partnerships.
• Research and identify top prospects to support BGCA's cause marketing platform and other cause marketing initiatives and develop plans for entry, solicitation and securing as partners.
• Develop and maintain proposal/presentation resources, as well as cause-marketing specific resources, to team in pitching prospective partners with the goal of achieving incremental revenue, awareness building and adherence to industry-leading best practices.
• Create and maintain best practice templates and tactics for cause promotions (retail, product-related, etc.) to drive shared business and charitable goals for BGCA and its partners.
• Create and maintain a library of cause marketing case studies that are a resource for fundraising teams to influence prospective partners and/or reinforce best practices to bring about greater revenue.
• Coordinate collaboration with other BGCA marketing teams including integrated marketing, public relations, creative, web, communications, celebrities, advertising, etc. to produce comprehensive cause marketing strategies to build awareness and drive consumer engagement for cause partnerships. Look for opportunities for extreme collaboration with other teams to amplify partnerships, BGCA message and understanding.
• In collaboration with the individual account management team members, track the status and deliverables for each partner as it relates to contractual agreements (number of communications, resources provided, etc.).
• Coordinate with all stakeholders in capturing key metrics, evaluations, and media impressions resulting from each partnership and collaborate on drafting Impact Reports and other materials.
• Develop, review, circulate for review and approval, and maintain, key materials developed by cause marketing partners as well as agency partner(s), including but not limited to customer-facing materials and other assets.
• Work closely with resource development staff and marketing and communications staff to ensure cause marketing partners are informed, engaged, acknowledged, and cultivated. This includes but is not limited to the creation of social media assets that can be used and shared by the organization and staff.
• Work closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure that cause marketing partnerships and promotions are communicated in a timely fashion to all stakeholders through various vehicles including calls, cause marketing calendar, newsletters, e-mails, and announcements.
• Engage and cultivate media partners through BGCA's cause marketing creating "halo effect" and added value opportunity to secure additional corporate partnerships and revenue.
• Coordinate with on-going cross-functional teams to guide integration of the cause marketing platform across the organization with the goal of providing knowledge, resources and assets to the Movement that complement and enhance BGCA’s efforts.
• Develop weekly and monthly update reports for key staff and partners as appropriate highlighting status of activities which demonstrate cause platform advancement and successes.
• Research and remain current with marketplace trends in cause marketing and consumer promotions to inform and support corporate partnerships, sharing this information with staff on a regular basis.
• Perform special projects or assignments as required by the NVPCCP, SVPCCE and other Senior Leaders.
• Demonstrate BGCA ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence in all work.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or education/experience equivalency preferably in business, marketing, or related field.
• Minimum of seven years proven experience in sales, cause marketing, consumer/retail promotions, and project management in a nonprofit, agency, or related environment.
• Demonstrated track record of conceptualizing, strategizing, planning, managing, and initiating industry-leading and award-winning cause marketing campaigns
• Strong understanding of retail environments, marketing promotions, shopper marketing and/or consumer engagement programs preferred.
• The candidate must have demonstrated successful experience in leading, influencing and/or supervising and developing staff, directly or indirectly.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, fundraising software, and database systems
• Lead and think strategically, demonstrate high standards of ethics and integrity; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, strong verbal presentation and writing skills, ability to work effectively with internal team members, professionals in the field and vendors; strong account management skills to include concept development and experienced execution of cause marketing.
• Thorough understanding of integrated marketing to provide added value to BGCA and partners; proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and the ability to work effectively on multiple detail-oriented projects in a fast-paced environment; strong technical and software skills.
• Exchange ideas, facts, technical information, and direction clearly and concisely, in person, virtually, by email and by telephone.
• High-energy, driven, dedicated, motivated, confident, flexible, and creative.
• Comfortable planning, managing, and performing multi-faceted projects with a variety of stakeholders in conjunction with day-to-day activities,
• Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Able to get along with diverse personalities; tactful and mature.
• Good reasoning and sound judgment.
• Ability to work for prolonged periods at high levels of activity, managing multiple tasks with varying deadlines and attending to details.
• Ability to think strategically; ability to sit for more than four hours per day; reading comprehension and listening.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
• Normal Office Environment and/or Virtual Environment.
• Overnight travel estimated at 25% (pre-pandemic); travel tends to be seasonal