Project Management and Operations (60% of time)
- Lead the creation of a 4-H Tech Changemakers youth spokespeople cohort, including selection, training and mentorship of teens and overseeing day to day operations.
- Collaborate with Council teams for the seamless integration of 4-H Tech Changemakers into Council-related events, marketing initiatives, partner activities, etc.
- Support operations and program implementation for the 4-H Tech Changemakers program and other STEM partnership including creating ppts, marketing materials, scheduling meetings, drafting internal and external communications, and managing the Teams program site and other support duties.
- Assist with other projects as required.
Storytelling and Marketing (40% of time)
- Train and coach youth leaders on developing content (blogs, videos, webinars, etc) to tell their stories and promote Tech Changemakers in their local communities.
- Craft impactful stories about Tech Changemakers for 4-H’s online platforms and media distribution by acting as an investigative reporter. Including, following leads, conducting research, and interviewing youth and adults.
- Support the national distribution strategy for Tech Changemakers impact stories, working with the IM Manager to identify and elevate stories for thought leadership, media opportunities and social media.
- Prepare teen spokespeople for in-person and virtual thought leadership and marketing appearances.
- Identify potential story leads and collaborate with Council staff to determine the best opportunities for sharing those stories.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, journalism, English, social sciences or a related field with at least three years of relevant experience.
· Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills, ideally with journalism experience or a history of published works. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Established track record of managing projects to successful completion, both on time and within budget.
· Proven experience planning and executing large events or initiatives from conception to completion.
· Ability to think creatively and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to engage with and motivate young people effectively.
· Experience with mentoring young people.