Council seeks a Development Director, Cause Marketing to unlock the magic of the 4-H brand to drive new revenue opportunities from corporations and brands, with a focus on unrestricted revenue in support of the Resource Development (RD) fundraising goal. The Development Director will report to and collaborate with the Senior Director, Development and Brand Partnerships and RD leadership to manage and grow pioneering partnerships, cause marketing campaigns and sponsorships with high-profile corporate partners to support Council, and Cooperative Extension’s 4-H program.
The Development Director will play a significant role in the development and design of annual pipeline planning, corporate stewardship strategy, and processes. The Development Director will have direct revenue goals, which includes coordinating solicitation of partnerships ranging from $50K to $1M+, in addition to sharing collective responsibility for larger team revenue goals to support unrestricted operational efforts as well as brand and visibility initiatives. This position will help shape the full corporate strategy to steward critically important partnerships, to enhance existing business and support collaborative efforts internally.
He/she will strategize and contribute to all areas of RD’s team including planning, prospecting & cultivation, new business development, donor deliverables and reporting. This position may be responsible for managing direct reports.
Development Portfolio Duties
- Secure and steward annual portfolio of $500K - $2M with leading partner brands to support the organization and Resource Development team revenue goals, with oversight responsibility for the day-to-day execution and stewardship of partners including raise incremental funds, increase awareness, and engage consumers with 4-H and our mission.
- Collaborate with Senior Director to implement fundraising strategy and pipeline to steward current donors and grow the portfolio in collaboration with new business team members
- Develop and facilitate relationships for donor cultivation, new development opportunities and reporting on successful completion of initiatives.
- Drive new business development and moves management through research, discovery meetings, attendance at conferences and engagement at other events.
- Develop unique fundraising concepts and strategies that further partners’ business objectives and ensuring year-over-year growth of partnership revenues by leading meetings, creating compelling pitch decks and concept papers as needed, and collaborating with a core team of Council Associates to inform approach.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of corporate giving interests, staff and trends particularly in the cause marketing industry.
Cross-Organizational Collaboration Duties
- Stay informed about Council’s organizational strategies and programs, as well as youth development trends to secure additional funding, and engage funders in Council’s work as appropriate.
- Manage contract review process with Legal and ensure that all contractual agreements are upheld by Council and our partners to include timely donation of funds, registration of co-venture agreements, and compliance with other contractual obligations.
- In partnership with Council’s Marketing team, facilitate approval of corporate partner program collateral materials while ensuring proper use of the 4-H Name and Emblem and adherence to Council of BBB guidelines and state-mandated Commercial Co-Venture regulations.
Strategic Communication Duties
- Be a liaison between corporate partners and internal core teams by helping to align on shared vision, goals, and projects -- while navigating any challenges that may arise with a positive, solutions-orientation approach.
- In collaboration with Council’s Account Management team, support the tracking of deliverables status for each partner as it relates to contractual agreements (number of communications, resources provided, etc.), gather key performance indicators from cross-functional teams, and support the creation campaign recaps and year-end reports.
- Make recommendations based on information analyzed for future Cause Marketing campaigns, partnerships and strategies.
Staff Management Duties
- This position has potential to train, develop, coach, lead, and supervise at least one Council Associate delivering cause marketing partnerships $50K-$250K
- This position has potential to work with team members to develop individual development plans that enhance their skill set and work toward future career pathing.
- Perform special projects or assignments as required by the Senior Director, Development and Brand Partnerships and Chief Development Officer.