Does the idea of working with some of the most iconic and beloved spirits brands in the world interest you? Are you intrigued by the challenge of inserting and building brands in culture? Is pop culture your “thing?” If so, you’d better keep reading…
As the Manager, Communications & Entertainment Marketing, you will effectively wear two hats: 1) act as lead and functional expert on Entertainment Marketing for partnerships across the entire Campari America portfolio (approx. 60-65%), and 2) lead the PR/Communications & Cultural Partnerships for the Grand Marnier brand (approx. 35-40%).
On the Entertainment Marketing front, you will be responsible for securing, negotiating and managing big-impact partnerships in the entertainment, sports and celebrity/influencer world. Your position will sit in the Communications and Cultural Partnerships team within the US Marketing organization and will work closely with the Brand, PR, Media, Digital and Customer Marketing teams across the entire portfolio to identify, initiate, and execute Entertainment Marketing strategies, activations, communications & partnerships. This will include content integrations & placements, film co-promotional marketing partnerships, talent partnerships, and events/seeding. The role will manage the overall Entertainment Marketing agency relationship and will be on the front line of building relationships with key entertainment industry creatives, talent, and executives.
On the PR/Communications & Cultural Partnerships front, you will support the Grand Marnier brand team with a clear mandate to place the brand deep into the life of its consumer through a myriad of earned media touchpoints. Media relations, earned-led creative, event/stunt planning & execution, tastemaker engagement & cultural partnerships are the core of this role with the expectation of receiving outsized cultural conversations from our activities. The role will manage the PR agency relationship and will be on the front line of building relationships with key spirits industry & cultural influencers across the country.
The Manager, Communications & Entertainment Marketing, will be based in New York City. To learn more about Campari visit us at www.camparigroup.com
ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
An ambassador to the entertainment industry for Campari America to build relationships that unlock meaningful, authentic brand and portfolio opportunities. Build and maintain deep relationships across the entertainment, talent, sports and cultural verticals to uncover opportunities and ensure that Campari is a best-in-class and top-of-mind partner. This work will require understanding of each of the brand portfolios’ business objectives and how to leverage cultural partnerships to over-deliver on their goals.
Strategy, Planning & Measurement
- Lead cultural partnership and entertainment marketing strategy and planning during IAT process
- Consult with all relevant internal stakeholders to ensure communications and partnerships strategy and negotiations are closely aligned, and activated in a 360? fashion
- Establish consistency and best practice approach with entertainment, sports and celebrity engagements, contract development, legal vetting, compliance tracking and measurement reporting across the portfolio.
- Ensures all partnerships are legally vetted and meet compliance standards
Entertainment Content Integration & Product Placement
- Develop content integration strategy, target partnerships list across culturally-relevant film, television and music properties that deliver on the unique business objectives of our portfolio brands.
- Identify and vet potential placements with Legal and manage facilitation of placements
- Identify ways to amplify integrations, including the exploration of larger 360 promotional partnerships across ATL and BTL with Brand, Customer Marketing and Sales
- Provide in-depth reporting/measurement to demonstrate impact and efficacy of placements.
Co-Promotional Marketing Partnerships
- Strategize, identify, evaluate, negotiate and execute 360 promotional campaigns in partnership with cultural creators and/or distributors.
- Partner with brand management and PR teams to develop and oversee the strategy & execution around talent and celebrity endorsements for brand portfolio.
- Operationalize and establish processes for Talent engagement and measurement.
- Build and manage ongoing relationship with talent and representation (agents, managers, publicists, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of talent deals from the negotiations through execution of all deal points, including compliance
- Establish & manage best practice for Campari America in negotiating, contract development, vetting and compliance tracking with talent.
PR/COMMUNICATIONS & CULTURAL PARTNERSHIP KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Planning
- Own the thought leadership, development, and integrated execution of the earned media programming for Grand Marnier, working closely with multiple agencies and brand teams.
- Responsible for ensuring Grand Marnier has a point of view in conversations relevant to our consumer
- As a “culture vulture” who thinks outside the box to create news, stories, and events our consumers want to engage with, you are responsible for ensuring Grand Marnier stays a step ahead and is deeply embedded into the cultural zeitgeist
- Play the role of “builder,” ensuring ideas generated/led from other marketing disciplines incorporate an earned media hook.
- Bring fresh, creative, earned-led ideas that could come to life 360 through the line (ATL/BTL/Online).
- Proactively assess the target consumer landscape, keeping up with passion points and optimal ways of embedding our spirits portfolio into the fabric of consumers’ lives.
- Support the Brand team in the execution of brand event activities, including planning, sponsorship contracts, vendor coordination, design, resource allocation, celebrity contracts/negotiations, on-site management, and wrap up reporting.
Leadership and Cultural Partnerships
- Build powerful, impactful media, cultural and entertainment relationships.
- Important to have, or to build, meaningful relationships with spirits-specific media
- Lead PR/event agencies in the development and execution of programming including strategy, key message development, press materials development, pitch angle development, media outreach, product mailings, cocktail recipe creation, photography, b-roll development. Source new agency support as needed.
- Collaborate cross-functionally both internally and externally across brand teams, departments and agencies.
- Support the Director, Communications & Cultural Partnerships, global and local brand & communications teams in development of messaging and activities needed during any crisis that impacts the Grand Marnier brand.
- Regularly share best practices across Campari America and Campari Group, serving as a thought leader on culturally relevant communications and partnerships for our world class premium spirits portfolio.
Budget & Performance Management
- Responsible for management of brand PR budgets.
- Analyze delivery against brand objectives and ROI, working with agencies & brand team to optimize performance.
- On a monthly basis share activities, outcomes, and ROI with internal audiences inclusive of our sales team and distributors to inspire continued brilliant 360 execution against the brands.
This position reports into the Director of Communications & Cultural Partnerships, but will support the Grand Marnier brand teams and Senior Manager, PR & Cultural Partnerships for ad hoc needs across our Italian Icons portfolio.
- Internal: PR, Brand Managers/Director, Digital Team, Global Communications team, Finance Managers, Customer Marketing
- External: PR, Entertainment Marketing, Event & Influencer Agencies; Key Members of the Spirits Media, Key external brand & cultural partnerships